Federal Ministry of Education (Federal Scholarship Board – FSB) – The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2017/2018 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award.
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Ukraine, Japan, and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled below.
Note/Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified
Field of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc, and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Criteria for Eligibility
A.) Undergraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 & 2016). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
B.) Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a first Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Note – (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the venue in addition to 2.0 above.
Venue of Interview
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) colourede passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates.
Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government Hospitals; and
- Police clearance certificate where necessary.
Note: This particular applications does not attracts any processing therefore, beware of fraudsters
Time: 9:00 am Daily
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: fill the form, prnt and submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled.