Canada: Primary Machine Operator 1 at UTIL Canada Limited
To assist in the manufacturing process as assigned, performing all the general functions of a Primary Machine Operator 1 as listed below, while meeting the established customer requirements at UTIL Canada Limited. To operate press equipment to produce products to be placed into inventory or to be shipped to customers.
- Operate stamping equipment to produce quality product that meets customer specifications
- Monitors part dimensions using a variety of measuring instruments, and performs visual inspection for defects
- Removes worn or damaged die components to be replaced or repaired, and re-install components as required
- Performs die set up and adjustment as required
- Completes production and inspection reports as required
- Manages daily production priorities based on customer requirements, while also supporting production schedule commitments to achieve business objectives.
- Performs dimensional and visual inspections of first-off, in-process & final product to ensure compliance to applicable standards, using product drawings, blueprints and/or work orders.
- Contains non-conforming product as per the applicable Quality procedure.
- Shares information, experiences and knowledge with other press department employees in regards to preventive maintenance, problem symptoms, to ensure awareness, and effective, non-repetitious problem solving and machine repair.
- Maintains safety standards of equipment and work area according to established procedures and as instructed by the Superiors.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement, dimensional quality concerns and customer issues, and supports departmental goals and objectives.
- Ensures work area and machines are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times.
- Stores equipment and tools properly when not in use.
- Informs the supervisor to the best of his ability about unusual things, faulty design, unsafe conditions, missing parts, etc.
- Works in a cost-effective manner and maintains high standard of quality and excellent workmanship.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superiors.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High School Diploma education.
- Training would be provided.
POSITIONAL SUITABILITY / WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Previous experience with Fine Blanking/punch press/stamping experience would be an asset.
- Must be able to understand, read and write in excellent nt English.
- Familiarity with the use of a computer.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional / technical knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work overtime if required.
- Be punctual, reliable and willing to work flex hours.
- Environment can be noisy and oily