Chef – Revelstoke, Canada
Long-term, full-time chef needed for Minh Tuyet’s Vietnamese Bistro in spectacular Revelstoke, British Columbia. If you have stellar knife skills, are passionate about made-from-scratch food, and want a work environment with the same philosophy, we are the restaurant you’re looking for.
You can mountain bike to work, ski on your days off, and have the wilderness at your doorstep. We make our sauces and marinades from scratch and pride ourselves on the use of local ingredients.
You have experience in high-quality food preparation and creation, care about food and the customer, and want a great work-life balance. We offer an employee wellness package, bonus/profit sharing and other perks. Wage dependent on skills and experience.
- Cooking and preparation for all food service stations
- Working knowledge of all recipes, food service, food preparation, opening/closing duties, and equipment cleaning & maintence schedules
- Inventory control (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Food cost management systems
- Labour control (includes scheduling & hiring)
- Ordering (in conjunction with Operations Manager)
- Create instructional and training manuals, in conjunction with management team. These manuals are to be used for future franchises.
- Creating the most progressive food safety and sanitation culture within the industry; and ensuring all kitchen staff are meeting this standard.
- Manage kitchen staff and delegate tasks related to food service preparation, cooking and delivering food in a timely fashion, while still meeting quality standards.
- Menu development: updates, catered functions, bus tours, special events (in conjunction with Executive Chef & Operations Manager)
- Special Event & Tour Group coordination (in conjunction with Executive Chef & Operations Manager)
- Review current plating, making recommendations as needed.
- Keep up with industry trends and create new recipes/signature dishes and creative plating designs in collaboration with the Executive Chef
- Maintain Minh Tuyet’s Vietnamese Bistro vision and workplace culture
415A Victoria Rd
Revelstoke, British Columbia
V0E 2S0, Canada
How to Apply
Expiring: Mar 19, 2019
Contact: Lisa Nguyen