Courier / Delivery Job Opportunity at Gordon Food Service, Canada
Our Delivery Service Representatives have the unique opportunity to present the Gordon Food Service brand and service to our customers through courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries.
Not your typical driving job:
30% of the shift is spent driving/operating company owned vehicles
70% of the shift is spent unloading and delivering our products to the customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing exceptional service to build/maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600-800 cases/shift)
- Safely and professionally operate straight trucks or trailers to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban and rural routes according to provincial road regulations.
- Conduct routine truck inspections (pre/post trip) and maintain accurate records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets and incident reporting
- Perform product delivery verification at customer location and maintain customer invoices
- Follow all GFS Canada policies and procedures including all health & safety regulations
- Must be able to maintain composure/professionalism in high-pressure situations
- All other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Class 1 or Class A license with a clean commercial drivers abstract
- Must be physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 60 lbs)
- Must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills (able to read, write and speak English)
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Must pass a Road Test, Physical Abilities Test and a Background Check
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather and temperature ranges (including being able to safely operatethe equipment during poor road and driving conditions)
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times.
Starting Wage: $24.35/hour.