According to Ali Gonzalez, she came across a unique way to fall asleep in just 1 minute even when suffering from temporary insomnia.
She remembers that the problem began close to her best friend’s wedding and she had to prepare for a speech. She became so tired during the period that she could no longer sleep. She was too nervous and all the worries prevented her from sleeping. She didn’t sleep for 3 days, busy with all kinds of chores around the wedding. Eventually, she sought the help of the bride’s mother. The lady gave her a technique that was to become a miraculous success in the treatment of insomnia
Gonzalez explains that the lady is a licensed medical professional who provides training in meditation. She elaborates how the method helped her treat her sleeplessness and come across a technique that could change the lives of so many people who suffer from insomnia. She calls the method the ‘4-7-8’ technique.
The 4-7-8 Technique to Fall Asleep
The 4-7-8 technique can be followed using these steps:
- Lay down in the supine posture and make yourself feel calm.
- Close eyes and take deep breathes from the nose. Inhale as much air as possible with each inhalation lasting 4 seconds.
- Hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- Start exhaling out of the mouth. Make sure to take double the time to exhale out the air. So it should take 8 seconds to exhale (thus the method gets the name 4-7-8).
- Repeat this 4-7-8 method several times and you will be asleep.
The basic concept behind this method is to calm the mind and reduce the heart rate. It may seem to be