Due to the increase of works and release of new projects, tech2 is engaging experienced, strong performing and highly motivated Labourers/Technicians to work on the nbn HFC network.
About the Role
These works will predominantly focus on underground work involving hauling cables and laying conduit, digging trenches, as well as pre-scoping and locating across the Sydney Metro areas.
This role will suit someone who has a can do and flexible attitude, that takes pride in their work and has a focus on quality and safety at all times.
These roles will have an immediate start date so you the flexibility to commence with short notice will be highly advantageous.
This is a physically demanding role and you must be comfortable working in all types of weather conditions.
This role will see you working Monday – Friday 7.30am – 3.30pm, however flexibility is required to work extended hours if required
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in labouring or offsider roles
- Experience in the Telecommunication industry preferred
- Previous experience working on the HFC network will be highly regarded
- Experience in civils work, digging holes, trenches highly regarded
- Excellent communications skills
- A focus on customer service
- The ability to take direction and act quickly whilst focussing on quality
- Willingness to learn new tasks
- Follow all OH&S rules
- Computer skills as will be working on an iPad
The successful candidate must have or be willing to get the following before commencing to, meet our strict audit requirements
- Construction Induction – White Card
- HLTAID001 – Provide CPR – renewed annually
- Clean Valid Australian Drivers License – MR Drivers Licence Highly Desirable & vehicle to get to work/site is a MUST
- Full Work Rights in Australia
- Clean Valid Police Clearance (done within the last 6 months)
- Steel Cap Boots (in good condition)
The below are preferred and will be highly regarded:
- Implement Traffic Control Guidance Plan (NSW)
In return the successful candidate will get on going training and will get to learn all aspects of the HFC Network. As part of a 2 man team you will be working out of a company vehicle and the team will be provided with mobile and ipad for work purposes only.
There will also be opportunity to get your Certificate III in Telecommunications, which will provide you with a career path to becoming a Telecommunication Technician.
Please apply online attaching an up-to-date resume outlining your relevant experience for this role.
tech2 workers and their families enjoy a wide range of discounts at over 350 major retailers across Australia, thanks to our exclusive benefits program.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.