Part-Time Head Transit Service Clerk 2 Canada
HEAD TRANSIT SERVICE CLERK 2 – PART TIME
Reporting to the Transit Service Centre Coordinator & Supervisor Transit Service Centres and Revenue, the position duties are as follows:
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers in person or by phone.
- Receive, assess, refer and answer public inquiries about Brampton Transit and the services offered.
- Communicate Transit schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the store in the absence of a Head Clerk.
- Update Absent Notification Reports, complete accident incident reports, operate a POS system.
- Perform exchanges/refunds on fare passes and make adjustments to incorrectly completed transactions.
- Handle escalated customer service issues.
- Perform other similar and related duties to the position, as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent secondary education as established by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- 1 year experience in cash handling, cash balancing, and customer service experience is a definite asset.
- Strong map reading skills and understanding of scheduling timetables.
- In-depth knowledge of the streets and locations within the City of Brampton and connecting communities.
- An aptitude and passion for customer service
- Ability to work independently and within a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong sense of time management and prioritization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Successful candidates must be available to work flexible hours: this position will involve mostly closing evenings and opening or closing on weekends.
- Submit a Standard Criminal Record Check
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part-time
Hourly rate: $22.25
Applications must be received by January 9, 2019
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment by January 9, 2019. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.