Job Title: Registered Nurse
Functional Discipline: Surgery – Operating Room
Job Posting #:0000003801
Position Available: Registered Nurse
Status: Job Share
Department: Operating Room (OR)
Internal employees must apply by midnight on November 22, 2018.
The Operating Room is currently seeking a Job Share Registered Nurse to join their multidisciplinary team.
As a member of our Perioperative Team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination of daily activities and planning within the O.R. suite. The Registered Nurse is responsible for effectively communicating and working with the multidisciplinary team to meet the unique needs of our patient population and upholds Joseph Brant Hospital’s values while delivering care.
– Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
– Current BLS certification (Level C).
– Must have current or recent clinical experience of at least two years in Operating Room scrubbing and circulating for General Surgery, Urology, E.N.T, Plastics, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Vascular and Gynaecology.
– Must have completed an accredited Operating Room post diploma course.
– Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and able to cope with pressure and deadlines.
– Demonstrated clinical assessment skills and knowledge in managing the perioperative care of both adult and paediatric patients.
– Demonstrated effective communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
– Ability to participate in call-back and standby duties.
– Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
– Demonstrated commitment to quality and patient safety, considers safety of self and co-workers
PLEASE NOTE: Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.