Your v*gina is your womanh0.0d. To maintain a healthy v*gina you must know what to do to avoid infection and it is equally important to educate your s*x.ual partner on some of them to also help you help the v*gina. Here are some few things you can do or avoid.
1. Fing.ering; During f0replay or r0mance, as part of it some people insert their finger or fingers into the v*gina. The question is, how many people wash their hands before s*xual interc0urse? Some people do not even keep their nails clean so it gathers a lot of germs and during the fing.ering, these germs are deposited in the v*gina…leading to infe.ction. Same thing apply to auto pl3asure acts or mast.urbation.
2. An.al s*x: I am not here to tell anybody to have an.al s*x or not to but I simply want to draw the attention of those who engage in an.al s*x with the opposite s*x that it is dangerous to have an.al s*x and continue having penov*ginal s*x. If this is done, the p*nis will pick bacteria from the anus and deliver them to the v*gina even if you are using a c0ndom….which will lead to inf3ction.
3. Quest to make the v*gina TIGHT: Some guys complain bitterly about the v*gina of their s*xual partners. They complain that it’s too big and they no more feel any sensation during interc.0urse. Some ladies are therefore pushed to find a quick solution and in the process some use herbs or other substances in the v*gina with the hope of making the v*gina tight. Some of the substances cause infection or sepsis. Some of the herbs can cause the v*gina to get tighter to the extent that p3n3tration is no more possible. This will require treatment.
4. D0uching: Some parents, when bathing for their baby girls put warm water in a milk tin or dip a towel in the warm water and pour the water through a hole made beneath the tin or squeeze the water out of the towel into the v*gina of the baby. This is sooooo WRONG as it can damage the hymen. Some parents also insert ginger or pepper or both into the v*gina of adolescents as a form of punishment. This is sooooo WRONG as it can lead to infection. Some people are use to bathing by adding dettol or other detergents to the water and they put this solution inside the v*gina with the help of sponge or towel or just the hand with soap to clean the v*gina. This is soooo WRONG as it will change the normal flora in the v*gina, leading to infection.
5. Use of water closet: Some people have the habit of not sitting on the seat of the WC when using it so they end up urinating on the seat. The possibility of picking infection when using it in that condition is high. Don’t let your pant be at the thigh level when using the WC especially the public ones as the inner of the pant may rub the surface of the WC. Where the water is not running and people have used but have not flushed and you don’t have any choice but to also use it, use enough toilet roll to cover before using the WC to avoid any splashes on the vulva.
6. Washing and drying: Develop the habit of disinfecting your panties frequently…depending on the number of pants you have. Keep exclusive panties to wear whenever you are menstruating and don’t mix those panties with your regular panties. Pay particular attention to those panties when washing. Ensure that the panties are made of cotton and are dried in the sun or well ironed to kill germs.
7. Change sanitary pads: Some people try to economize the use of their sanitary pads so during the period they tend to still wear the pad because there is little or no blood. This is soooo WRONG as it can lead to infection. The pad should be changed every 5 hours while tampons should even be shorter.
NB: If there is any bad scent from the v*gina or there is a discharge coming from the v*gina then it might be an infection which you have to have it treated. Help save the v*gina by ensuring that you get the message to as many friends as possible. Help save the v*gina by getting the message to your s3xual partner, wives or sisters. Let us all join hand in saving the v*gina.
By Kimberly Egboh