Apply Now-United States of America Embassy Scholarship Award for International Student 2019
Number of Scholarships: Up to 10,000
Value of Scholarships: This is a Full government sponsored scholarship
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
Select your country of origin. Follow the specific instruction on the page.
Sponsors: US Embassy Awards in Africa, an initiative of the United States Government.
About the Award: United States Embassy Awards, a cornerstone of the US Government’s development
assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional
development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the
workplace, US Embassy Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at: United States Universities.
Priority Fields (varies by African country)
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining-related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cape Verde,
Comoros, Congo(Republic of), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya,
Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal,
Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia etc.
In addition to the above, the following countries are eligible for Short Course Awards (SCAs)
Gabon, Mauritania, Niger, North Sudan, Republic of Guinea, South Sudan
Eligibility: Varies by country (see link below for specific country eligibility criteria)
- You must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience
must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type
(e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference
will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at
least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- You are a national of an African country. See country list below
- You are an early or mid-career professional working in the Public Sector, the Private Sector or a Nongovernment
Organization (Civil Society) in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- You wish to undertake a Masters degree in Australia in one of the listed priority fields of study. You
cannot study a Masters of Business Administration.